The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), along with the Islamic Research Training Institute (IRTI) and Bank Rakyat as strategic partner, is proud to bring you the 14th International Shari’ah Scholars Forum 2019 (ISSF2019) on 31st October – 1st November 2019 at the Pullman KLCC Hotel and Residences, Malaysia.
The theme of this year’s ISSF aims to provide relevant knowledge and a better understanding of social banking and financial services from both the maqasid and operational perspectives. Therefore, ISSF2019 provides a high-level platform to discuss features, models and fundamental differences between Islamic social banks and other social banks. As always, this will be done in the spirit of appreciating diversity across key Islamic finance jurisdictions in the operations and regulations applicable to Islamic social banking and financial institutions. The platform will provide the audience with some successful Islamic social finance models and appraise the adherence of Islamic social finance universe to its essential features namely value-based, fair profit, common good, social mission, triple bottom line (i.e. people, planet and profit), real economy, stakeholder approach, ownership structure, relationship banking, promotion of giving back to society and transparency. Dimensions of maqasid as-Shariah enshrined in social banking and financial services will also be discussed. The understanding of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria will be further enhanced through the high level of Shari‘ah and practitioners’ discussions.
After the presentations and rigorous discussions, resolutions will be issued for a better understanding of Islamic social banking and finance services in terms of their compliance with Shari‘ah rules and principles, and modern development goals.
ISSF2019 aims to provide a platform for Shari’ah experts, regulators, industry practitioners and all involved in Islamic finance across the globe to share their knowledge, experience and expertise to strengthen and further develop Islamic banking and finance internationally.
Opening - Welcoming Remarks
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin
Keynote Address 1
- His Royal Execellence Ibrahim Khalifah Al Khalifah
- YB Dato Haji Amiruddin bin Haji Hamzah
Collaboration Agreement Signing Ceremony Between ISRA Consultancy and FWD Takaful
Refreshments & Networking
Keynote Address 2 - Towards a Sustainable Finance Vision (English)
- Datuk Noripah Kamso
Session 1 : Concept and Components of Social Banking and Social Financing
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Ali Muhyiddin Ali Al Qaradaghi Sheikh Dr. Abdul Sattar Abu Ghuddah Assoc. Prof Dr. Mohamed Fairooz Bin Abdul Khir Sheikh Prof. Dr. Abdul Aziz Al Qassar Dr. Ismail Khalid Halitoglu
Lunch & Dhuhr Prayer
Session 2: Regulatory and Supervisory Framework For Islamic Social Bank (English)
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta Dr. Abdelilah Belatik Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zulkifli Bin Hasan Dr. Ziyaad Mahomed
Session 3: Successful Models of The Existing Islamic Social Banks and Social Finance (English)
- Dato Abu Ubaidah Kemin Prof. Dr. Engku Rabiah Adawiyah Mr. Jamil Abbas Mr. Mohd Nazri Chik Mr. Khaled Khalifa
Session 4: Islamic Social Banks and Islamic Social Finance Fintech
- Prof. Dr. Younes Soualhi Dr. Moutaz Abojaib Dr. Ahmad Asad Mahmood Ibrahim Dr. Mohanad Al Dakash
Refreshments & Networking
Session 5: Appraisal of Islamic Social Banking and Financing Products and Instruments: Prospects And Challenges
- Sheikh Associate Professor Dr. Raed Nazri Abu Mounes Mr. Yousuf Sultan Sheikh Dr. Abdul Bari Mashal Dr. Ezam Al Enzi Sheikh Seyyed Abbas Mousavian
Lunch & Jum‘ah Prayer
Session 6: Open Dialogue: Shariah Parameters For Islamic Social Banking Services and Operations
- Sheikh Datuk Dr Mohd Daud Bakar Sheikh Dr. Nizam Mohammed Saleh Yaquby Sheikh Dr. Abdul Sattar Abu Ghuddah Sheikh Prof. Dr. Muhamad Abdul Razaq Al Tabtaba’i Sheikh Prof. Dr. Ali Muhyiddin Ali Al Qaradaghi
Conference Resolution and Recommendations
Meet Our Prominent Scholars