The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), in partnership with the Islamic Research Training Institute (IRTI), is proud to bring you the 14th International Shari’ah Scholars Forum 2019 (ISSF2019) on 31st October – 1st November 2019 at the Pullman KLCC Hotel and Residences, Malaysia.
The theme of this year’s ISSF aims to provide relevant knowledge and a better understanding of social banking and financial services from both the maqasid and operational perspectives. Therefore, ISSF2019 provides a high-level platform to discuss features, models and fundamental differences between Islamic social banks and other social banks. As always, this will be done in the spirit of appreciating diversity across key Islamic finance jurisdictions in the operations and regulations applicable to Islamic social banking and financial institutions. The platform will provide the audience with some successful Islamic social finance models and appraise the adherence of Islamic social finance universe to its essential features namely value-based, fair profit, common good, social mission, triple bottom line (i.e. people, planet and profit), real economy, stakeholder approach, ownership structure, relationship banking, promotion of giving back to society and transparency. Dimensions of maqasid as-Shariah enshrined in social banking and financial services will also be discussed. The understanding of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria will be further enhanced through the high level of Shari‘ah and practitioners’ discussions.
After the presentations and rigorous discussions, resolutions will be issued for a better understanding of Islamic social banking and finance services in terms of their compliance with Shari‘ah rules and principles, and modern development goals.
ISSF2019 aims to provide a platform for Shari’ah experts, regulators, industry practitioners and all involved in Islamic finance across the globe to share their knowledge, experience and expertise to strengthen and further develop Islamic banking and finance internationally.
Opening - Welcoming Remarks
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Mohamad Akram Laldin
Keynote Address 1
- His Royal Execellence Ibrahim Khalifah Al Khalifah
Refreshments & Networking
Session 1 : Concept And Components Of Social Banking And Social Financing
- Sheikh Prof. Dr. Ali Muhyiddin Ali Al Qaradaghi Assoc. Prof Dr. Mohamed Fairooz Bin Abdul Khir Sheikh Prof. Dr. Abdul Aziz Al Qassar
Session 2: Regulatory And Supervisory Framework For Islamic Social Bank
- Dr. Bello Lawal Danbatta Mr. Omar Mustafa Ansari Mr. Abdelilah Belatik Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zulkifli Bin Hasan
Lunch & Dhuhr Prayer
Keynote Address 2 - Islamic Social Bank: Bank Rakyat’s Experience
- Datuk Noripah Kamso
Session 3: Successful Models Of The Existing Islamic Social Banks And Social Finance
- Prof. Dr. Engku Rabiah Adawiyah Mr. Mohd Nazri Chik
Session 4: Islamic Social Banks And Islamic Social Finance Fintech
- Dr. Moutaz Abojaib Dr. Mohanad Al Dakash Sheikh Dr. Abdul Bari Mashal
Refreshments & Networking
Session 5: Appraisal Of Islamic Social Banking And Financing Products And Instruments: Prospects And Challenges
- Assoc. Prof Dr. Mustafa Omar Muhammed Prof. Dr. Younes Soualhi Dr. Ahmad Asad Mahmood Ibrahim
Lunch & Jum‘ah Prayer
Session 6: Open Dialogue: Shariah Parameters For Islamic Social Banking Services And Operations
- Sheikh Datuk Dr Mohd Daud Bakar Sheikh Dr. Nizam Mohammed Saleh Yaquby Sheikh Dr. Abdul Sattar Abu Ghuddah Sheikh Prof. Dr. Muhamad Abdul Razaq Al Tabtaba’i Sheikh Prof. Dr. Ali Muhyiddin Ali Al Qaradaghi
Conference Resolution and Recommendations
Meet Our Prominent Scholars
From ISSD2008 until ISSF2018